Seattle is the biggest urban city in Washington. From lavish greeneries to countryside settings, the city has so much to offer to its visitors. Hope you’ll know that Seattle is also known as the ‘Coffee Capital’ as it has more than 100 coffee shops and mainly because it’s the birthplace of the very famous Starbucks. As far as weekend getaways in Washington are concerned, there are various exciting destinations to explore like the Olympic National Park, TreeHouse Point, Mountain Rainier National Park, Columbia River Gorge, Leavenworth, etc. If you wish to enjoy the perks of being in Seattle, then you need to keep in mind a few important things. Or else you might not get to enjoy the real flavors of Seattle. Below mentioned are some of the important things to keep in mind before you visit any of the getaways in Washington State.
- Put your sneakers on– If you’re in Seattle; try to ditch your four-wheelers. It’s no secret that traffic jams are the biggest concern of this place. Its traffic congestion is the same as that of other cities like Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York. However, you’ll love to know that Seattle has beautiful walkways so you can always go for a walk especially if you’ve to visit the nearby locations. There’s no point taking out your car and wasting your time in traffic jams. You can rightly call it a ‘pedestrian-friendly city.
- Carry your raincoat– Anyone who is traveling to Seattle will definitely want to explore the best getaway locations of this place. However, things might not go in your favor because the city receives 150 days if rain in a year with 37 inches of average rainfall. So you may expect rainfall at any time. Better you carry an umbrella or a raincoat for maximum safety. Drizzles are very common in Seattle.
- Summers are cool– The cool breeze of the Pacific Ocean lowers the temperature, making the summers cool and reasonably dry. The people of Seattle believe that you should carry a light jacket in the evening because of the cool temperatures.
- Seattle is best for coffee lovers– Starbucks is probably the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Seattle. That’s right! Expect a coffee shop at every corner of the city. For example, if you’re planning to visit Mount Rainier National Park, which is one of the best weekend getaways in Washington – make sure you visit the Mountain Goat Coffee Shop as it is the best. There are various coffee hotspots in the city like- Café Allegro, Caffe Vita, Little Oddfellows, etc.
- Visit the breweries– Craft breweries are one of the main attractions of this city. It has more than 60 beer makers and some of them include- Pike Brewing Company, Stoup Brewing, etc.
These are some of the important things that you should keep in mind before visiting Seattle. However, if you want to escape city life and take a look at the nearby attractions, read below to find the best weekend getaways in Washington.
- San Juan Islands
- Orlando National Park
- Whidbey Island
- North Cascades
- Mount Rainier National Park
So, what are you waiting for? A trip to Seattle is incomplete without exploring the countryside settings and mountains. Keep the above tips in mind, pack your bags, and plan your vacation accordingly.